Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Facing The Past

So today I went with my mom to drop off my little sister for her first day of school in the fourth grade. As we slowly pulled up to the school, cars everywhere, moms wearing lulu lemon gear everywhere, and nostalgic feelings EVERYWHERE! I wanted to run away and not allow my brain to dig deep in the back of my memories and relive those elementary school days. If I'm not making sense,  I mean to say that those days were some of the best memories I have and if I could go back I would. Back then I didn't have a care in the world! Maybe because I was so naive about everything, which is how it should be when you are ten years old. It made me so sad to drive past that school, longing to go back and realizing I had taken it for granted. But as we drove away, I also felt so strong. I knew I had grown thick skin since then and I had gone through a lot in middle school. I am so much stronger now and I feel like I can do anything. When I was younger I wanted so badly to grow up, but now I realize that I shouldn't try and rush something that should in fact be treasured. It's good to face your fears. It makes you a better person. Before this morning, I would always think that my fear is the past. But now, I know that my fear was the past. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment