Wednesday, July 8, 2015

How To: Explore

As the summer rolled around, I found myself on a tight time crunch. My mission: Make the most out of the few weeks I had before leaving for a special college program. One that actually begins much earlier than those of my friends, unfortunately. But, that is a whole other story. ;) Back to the point, I realized that I am leaving my home soon and I have to appreciate it every single moment. Although I will not tell you specifically where I live, for obvious reasons, I do live near San Francisco, CA. This is in fact, or I guess in my opinion, one of the most amazing, unique and beautiful places in the whole world. Up until these past few weeks, I did not even realize this. During the past few weeks I decided that one of my main goals was to explore.

John Muir once said....



Whenever I read this quote, it reminds me of the importance of exploration. It seems that many of us, more so nowadays, like to stay inside, go on our phones or watch Netflix and forget about the wonders of new places. Yes, I admit that I could spend an entire day watching "Orange is the New Black." However, I've learned that hopping in the car and driving somewhere totally new is exciting and enriching. And that is exactly what I did. Below are some photos of the places I discovered and fell in love with.












Exploring these new places gave me a new love and appreciation for the Bay area. It inspired me in ways I could not have imagined and lit up a new curiosity within me. So, this is my challenge for you. Go outside and explore. Find a new place. Be curious. Learn. To end, in the words of John Muir, go out into the world and "wash your spirit clean."

That's all for now.
-M

2 comments:

  1. I love that quote and I love little adventures. I wish I could drive. But that's no excuse either. Maybe long walks will be good for me because I thought holidays would be a time for me to try something new, but now it's just slipped into a holiday routine. My head needs cleansing so maybe exploration is the solution. Wouldn't it be empowering to go exploring on your own?

    -M
    The Life of Little Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ya i think that you can really find adventures anywhere! and yes i completely agree that exploring alone could be one of the most empowering things. i definitely want to try it sometime! thanks for the comment :)

      Delete