Monday, January 19, 2015

Wandlerlust


Do you ever feel like you have a serious case of wanderlust? I recently came across a blog and a Buzzfeed post today (I will give the links at the end) that really inspired me to add more to my list of places to see. It's amazing to me how many different countries, cities, cultures or little towns there are in the world and how unfortunately, many people don't get the chance or opportunity to travel and see them. The Mark Twain quote above is one that has inspired and stuck with me for a while now. I would have to say my favorite part is "sail away from the safe harbor." This line reminds me that you should always try to take risks, whether small or big, and try new things. It lets me know that I can have an adventure wherever I am, whether I am in my own hometown or in a new, exciting place. Below I am going to write a list of places I have been and places I want to go to, mainly for my own personal fun. :)

Places I Have Been
  • West Coast of the US (California, Oregon, Washington)
  • Other US states-Nevada, Wyoming, Idaho, Washington D.C., Maryland, Virginia, Pennsylvania, Hawaii
  • Germany (a few small towns)
  • Belgium (a few cities)
  • The Netherlands (Nijmegen, Kinderdijk)
  • Switzerland (Luzern, Basel, Swiss Alps)
  • France (Strasbourg)
Places I Want to Go (at the moment)
  • New York City
  • North and South Carolina
  • Boston, Massachusetts
  • Iceland
  • New Zealand
  • Paris, London, Rome
  • Spain
  • Scotland and Ireland
  • Turkey
  • Japan
  • Thailand
Well, there you have it. :) Here are a few photos from a trip to Europe I took last summer.

Nijmegen, Netherlands

                                                                  Luzern, Swizterland

Going up to Swiss Alps

Swiss Alps

Castle along the Rhine River

I hope you enjoyed these photos and if anyone out there is reading this, comment below if you would enjoy seeing more!

Link to blog posthttp://www.bloglovin.com/frame?


That's all for now. 
-M

2 comments: