Thursday, January 15, 2015

Breaking Out Of Your Shell

Today's quote: "You are confined only by the walls you build yourself."-Andrew Murphy

Hello to anyone reading this! Today I wanted to talk about "breaking out of your shell." This may not apply to everyone, but I know that a lot of people have experienced or are experiencing this concept. In my opinion, to feel like you are trapped and unable to fully be yourself, whoever that may be, is a horrible feeling. From personal experience, it can feel like you are physically trapped or held back, unable to say what you want to say or do what you want to do. However, I also know from experience, that "breaking out of your shell" is the most relieving, exciting and joyous feeling I have ever known. How does one do this, you might ask? The answer: The first step was the quote above. Realizing that it was me who was making myself act, think and feel this way was mind-blowing. To know that I could change my situation in an instant was both nerve-racking and amazing. So yes, Andrew Murphy is right, "You are confined only by the walls you build yourself." 

TIPS:

-Join a club, sport or extracurricular activity. You will find people who share similar interests and it may be easier to let down your walls with them.
-If you are shy or are self-conscious, know that people don't pay as much attention to other people as you think. We are a very self-absorbed species. Haha :)
-Do at least one "scary" or "out of your comfort zone" thing a week. Practice makes perfect, right?
-Remember that your opinions, thoughts and ideas are just as valuable as everyone else's.
-Try to talk to new people! They probably won't bite. :)
-Know that you are an awesome person. Building your self-confidence is key to breaking down your walls.

Overall, remember that you and only you have the power to change your life.

That's all for now.
-M

ps. Just a reminder that I am not an expert in this field. All advice is from experience or my own beliefs. :)
Open your heart to the world. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment