Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Regrets

Whenever I hear the word "regret," I think of a missed opportunity. A mistake that will haunt me for the rest of my life. (Okay, that's a little dramatic.) But, I think you all know what I mean. It seems like we have always been told that when we die, we want to be able to say that we lived without any regrets. However, this has always seemed like a daunting task to me. I felt like if I had to make a decision and later I regretted it, my life would be changed forever and for the worse. This is why making decisions has always been difficult for me because I was scared of making the "wrong" one. Recently, I have had to make a decision that, in my eyes right now, is important and will impact my current life. I was terrified that if I made the decision and later regretted it, I would have messed up my entire life and missed out on great things. However, after a lot of thinking and a little inspiration from the following quote...


...I've learned that whatever decision I make, there will be "pros and cons" that come along with each and that if I feel uneasy about my decision after making it, I will have to just deal with it. That's where the quote comes in. If I do wish I had made a different decision, I will have to find a way to make it work and get the best out of it. Therefore, there are no real regrets in life, just lessons learned that help us become better people. 

ps. :)


That's all for now.
-M


No comments:

Post a Comment