Saturday, March 21, 2015

Infinitely Dreams Award

Hey there! So far today I haven't been in the best mood, for no good reason at all to be honest. That's why I was so happy when I came across a comment from The Life of Little Me (http://thelyfoflittleme.blogspot.com.au) who nominated for the Infinitely Dreams Award. So, thank you so much, it really brightened my day and lifted my spirits! Okay, onto the questions that go along with this lovely tag. :)

  1. Why do you blog?
I could type for hours on end to answer this question. However, after thinking about the endless reasons explaining why I blog, I've decided on the following answer. I blog because I love to write and be creative. Ever since I was little, I have always loved to write stories for myself and my family. I remember whenever my grandma would come visit us, I would write as many stories as I could and then read them to her when she arrived at our house.



    2.  What are on your bedroom walls?

This answer is slightly embarrassing...I guess you could say I'm somewhat of a "hoarder." In my opinion, I like to call it being sentimental. For as long as I can remember I have loved to keep the most random things and soon I began creating huge boxes of things like shoes I've grown out of, school binders, receipts... This slight-obsession also applies to my walls. I'll list a few things: newspaper of American Idol Winners from around seven years ago, poster of Times Square in NYC, dreamcatcher, bulletin board, poster covered in movie tickets, Chinese Zodiac Calendar, pictures of me and my best friend...the list goes on and on.

    3. Type out some lyrics you love.

"Blue jean baby, L.A. lady, seamstress for the band
Pretty eyed, pirate smile, you'll marry a music man
Ballerina, you must have seen her dancing in the sand
And now she's in me, always with me, tiny dancer in my hand."




   4. Describe one of your friends in detail without naming them.


This friend has so much potential to do great things. She is extremely creative and passionate when she wants to be. Although she can be stubborn, very stubborn, she is an individual. She will always do what she believes in, which is something I admire in her a lot. Also, she understands me like no one else does. :)


  5. One photo.  Any photo, as long as it's of you or taken by you.



(Taken by me)

     6. What's the last book you read, and what are your thoughts?
The last book I read was Hamlet, which I read for my English class and finished a couple of days ago. Usually I actually enjoy the books/plays we read in class (yes I am that kid), but this year I haven't particularly enjoyed anything we have read. Well, the only thing we have read this year is Dante's Inferno, which I can confidently say I hated in every shape and form. Although it took us like three months to read Hamlet, there is something about reading Shakespeare that makes a person (or maybe just me) feel extremely accomplished and maybe just a little more intelligent in the world. I was really drawn to the complexity of the characters and liked how they felt like real, whole people for once. (Yes, I'm calling out Romeo and Juliet). 



    7.  Share a good blog post from any blog, including yours.
(http://theworldthroughmywindowsill.blogspot.com/2015/02/once.html) Here's a link to a great and inspiring blog post I read recently.

(http://howtolyfe.blogspot.com/2015/01/limitless.html) Here's a post that I am really proud of on my blog. :)

   8.  Share a story of something that happened to you recently.

I recently started working as the "Front Desk" person for a small tutoring business. It was only my third day of work and I was given the job of opening up the building for the day. I arrived around 7:50 AM and got the keys out of the lock on the door. However, when I put the key in the lock, it would not turn and seemed to be stuck. I began to freak out and wanted to cry. (Yes, I am a baby.) I didn't know what to do, but finally after ten minutes of attempting to unlock the door, I succeeded. 


(This isn't actually me, I just got it off of Google Images...am I allowed to do that?)

   9. Go on facebook and message someone you haven't talked to in at least a year, or someone you've never spoken to at all.  If you don't have facebook just text, call or go visit.  What was your conversation?  Word for word: 

Me: "Hi! How are you?"

Old Childhood Friend: "Hi, I'm good. College is fun but stressful. How are you."

Me: "How are you liking it there? I'm good! I'm loving this year, so much better than last year."

(and it continues...)

     10.  What are your thoughts on selfies?
Personally, I have mixed feelings on this subject. One one hand, I somewhat cringe at selfies because it makes me automatically judge a person and assume they are cocky or just think that my generation is self-absorbed. On the other hand, I greatly admire the guts that a person has to have in order to post a selfie. 



      11. What's your favorite movie and why do you like it?
This is such a tough question considering that I never have a favorite of anything! To be perfectly honest, I don't think I have a favorite movie. To give an answer to this question, I'll tell you guys my favorite movie I have seen recently. The answer to this is "Birdman." I found the cinematography of this movie to be so unique and fluid. Also, me being somewhat of a "theater geek" loved to see how the whole broadway-acting thing goes on off and on the stage. Overall, it was amazing!


p.s. sorry for the lack of posts in the past month. To be honest, I simply did not feel inspired to blog and did not want to put anything on my blog that I was not proud of. Anyways, thanks for reading. :)

p.s.s. I don't know why some of the words are highlighted white...haha

That's all for now.
-M
  

No comments:

Post a Comment