Friday, December 11, 2015

Winter Break: Update

     Hey there! I know it has been a pretty long time since I wrote a post of substantial length, so sorry about that! I am back, so hi again to those of you who may still be following my blog or welcome to anyone who happens to stumble across this post. I think the last time I really left things off were me finally becoming adjusted to college life and accepting the changes that come with growing up. Looking back on those posts, it makes me do two things. One: Laugh at how dramatic I was. Two: Appreciate what I have now and reflect on all that has happened in the past months. So much has changed. I will definitely go into detail later or write about any topics you guys want! Even though I am still figuring things out and coming across new challenges every day, I think I have made a lot of progress and already grown as a person. It is true...you definitely don't know who you are until you start "growing up." Now, I don't mean that in the boring, mature kind of growing up. Personally, I know I will always be a kid at heart. However, in my short but filled few months at college, I have come to realize what growing up means. To me, grown up means putting yourself first and doing things that will make you happy. I know this sounds selfish and weird. We've always been taught that being mature and an adult means to put others before ourselves. However, through experience I have found that putting yourself first is always necessary. We need to do what we need to do for ourselves. Because if we are not happy and content, then no one else around us will be.
     Sorry, this post has been kind of here and there. I just wanted to make a quick post to get a bunch of my thoughts out of my head. I'm back home now and am looking forward to winding down and spending time with the people I love. Oh, and for more adventures... ;)

That's all, for now.
-m

No comments:

Post a Comment